Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My exhaustion overrides everything

I couldn't tell you from experience, but I'm guessing most the population feels rested with a good amount of sleep. They get 8 hours of sleep and continue their day like super heroes. The unfortunate people who get less get by with coffee or an energy drink.

I'm not one of those people.

I can sleep for 9 or 10 hours and wake up feeling completely exhausted. Barely having enough energy to walk downstairs. On the rare occasion were I do have some energy in the morning, it quickly dissolves in 40 minutes. After a few hours, I start feeling light headed and seeing double. A sign that I need a nap.

I've been told my whole life that this was fatigue problem caused from my CF.  While there is no doubt that CF is a culprit to my tiredness, it got significantly worse over the last few years. No amount of sleep and rest fixed the problem. Even the nurses in the hospital would comment how I slept most of the day.

Since I've had a g-tube surgery next Friday, I've been doing some research. I've heard a lot of people say how they had a significant increase of energy to do their daily activities. I just thought, maybe I'm always tired because I'm litterally a bag of bones that can't even consume a quarter of calories I need. 

I'm probably one of the rare beings on earth that's excited for their g-tube. No more pressure to eat massive amounts. No more stress about my weight dropping. Nutrients and calories will be supplied to me every night. I actually think it's quite a cool medical advancement.

No doubt, I've kind of getting my button late. Usually this feeding tube is placed when you're much younger, not when you are twenty.

I have high hopes for my button. It will definitely take time to get used too. I nice that Tyler doesn't find it super gross (or if he does, he is hiding it very well). He is being really supportive about it being placed, which helps my nerves a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment