Thursday, October 10, 2013

The 16 Hour Fasting

Normally when I fast ( fasting is when you can not eat/drink for a period of time), it starts at midnight and my procedures are early the next morning. Well I still have to fast at midnight, but my procedure doesn't start till noon. So I'm going to be a anxiety ridden, hungry patient. Usually when I'm nervous, I'm not hungry anyways. I requested to put sugar in my IV drip because I will get low blood sugar and bad things will happen.

Since I'm fasting, I knew I needed to eat a large, filling meal tonight. As much as I wanted some nice soup, I knew that I would be hungry a few hours later. So what did a settle for? Pizza.

Anyone that knows me knows that I HATE pizza. Why was I craving pizza? I'm not quite sure...but the pizza I got wasn't standard pizza. It was BBQ Chicken Pizza from Lazy Dog Cafe! With a nice glass of Pomegranate Punch. Tyler and I also shared a plate of yummy Togarashi Edamame.

I can safely say, the pizza I had tonight was enough pizza for me for the next 5 years.





No comments:

Post a Comment