Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Life Halt: Admission Time

Today was supposed to be a nice, easy day. I had work in the morning which meant I was surrounded by happy crafts all morning. I had a nice filling lunch at In-N-Out. I drove to my CF clinic for my follow up appointment. I was supposed to discuss my arthritis and do my PFT's and leave.

Well I blew a FEV1 64%.

It didn't make sense to me. I was on 750mg of levaquin for 3 weeks, Prednisone, and had a bronch done. I felt better minus the stuff I was attempting to cough out.

My doctor hated to put me in the hospital in the middle of my school, but he said he would have me out by a week and put me on home IV's. He saw a downwards trend in my PFT's, which he was worried about.

So right after my midterm tomorrow, I'm heading over to the hospital. Luckily, my work sounded forgiving that I am requesting a week off of work for my hospital IV's. I was pretty sad because I actually enjoyed going to work. I even finished my mickey beanie to wear on Saturday for my costume :(

I was pretty upset so my boyfriend left Disneyland to come cheer me up. He treated me to some yummy sushi and lots of snuggles.

More hospital updates soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment