Tuesday, October 8, 2013

ENT for the Win

Today I had an appointment with one of my favorite doctors, Dr. Camilon! This appointment was originally made for a post procedure check up for my sinus surgery 2 months ago. I completely forgot about it until I saw it on my phone. I was debating on canceling the appointment because I knew I was sick and my sinuses would be bad. My CF clinic already prescribed medication, so I didn't understand the point of spending $45 for a check up.

Well if I canceled the appointment, I would of gotten a fee so I just decided to go. When the nurse was asking the normal questions about medication and how I felt, I just said I was sick but my clinic gave me 750mg of Levaquin already. 

Well, I got a little surprise from Dr. Camilon because he said that the infection in my nose should of been gone by now on the Levaquin unless it's MRSA or Staph (because Levaquin is resistant to those infections). He wanted to start me on Septra, but we need verify what the infections are. He also can't change my antibiotics without my doctors approval ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

I was actually very happy the my doctor was worried enough about my health that he jumped on the situation right away. I had to contact my clinic to ask to send over my cultures to him and requested the bronch cultures were sent to him also. 

I'm glad that I wasn't going insane when I thought this Levaquin wasn't working as well as it should. 




No comments:

Post a Comment